This post may contain affiliate links or ads and we may earn a small commission when you click on the links at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Affiliate, we earn from qualifying purchases. This is at no additional cost to you and helps with our website expenses.
Are you on the hunt for some positivity jar ideas? You’re in the right place.
Let’s talk about a simple yet powerful tool that could significantly alter your perspective on life. It’s called a positivity jar.
The Magic of Positivity Jar Ideas
Have you ever felt like the daily grind is sapping your joy? You’re not alone.
Life is a mixed bag of highs and lows, but sometimes, it feels like the lows take the front seat. That’s where the concept of a positivity jar comes in handy.
A positivity jar, also known as a happiness jar or a good vibes jar, is pretty much what it sounds like. It’s a jar filled to the brim with positivity.
This can take the form of notes that bring a smile to your face, warm your heart, or simply help to put a positive spin on your day.
Why a Positivity Jar?
Now, you might be thinking, “Sure, that sounds nice, but how is a jar filled with notes going to help me manage stress or find happiness?”
Firstly, a positivity jar encourages mindfulness. It’s a physical, tangible reminder to focus on the good in our lives, something that’s easy to forget when we’re caught up in our daily routines.
Secondly, it fosters gratitude. By writing down and revisiting our joys, achievements, and moments of happiness. We train ourselves to appreciate what we have.
Lastly, it provides a reservoir of positivity. On days when the world seems gray, your positivity jar serves as a personal ray of sunshine, ready to illuminate your world with reminders of good times and achievements.
Positivity Jar Ideas for Creating
Ready to start your journey toward positivity? Great! Let’s roll up our sleeves and get started on creating your very own positivity jar.
You’ll need a few items before we dive in. Luckily, they’re all simple to find and you might already have them around your house. Here’s what you’ll need:
- A jar – Any size or shape will do. It could be a repurposed mason jar, a pretty glass jar from a craft store, or even an old cookie jar.
- Paper – You could use colored paper, craft paper, or just plain old notepaper.
- Writing instruments – Pens, markers, or pencils. Pick your favorite.
- Decorative items (optional) – Stickers, ribbons, paint, or anything else you might want to use to personalize your jar.
With all your materials ready, let’s dive into the process.
Step 1: Choose Your Jar
First things first, pick a jar that resonates with you. This could be a mason jar, a vintage glass jar, or something quirky like an old-fashioned milk bottle. Whatever you pick, make sure it’s something you’ll love seeing every day.
Step 2: Decorating the Jar
Next, let your creativity shine! Decorate your jar however you see fit.
- Paint it up – Grab some acrylic paints and go to town on your jar. You could paint colorful abstract designs, geometric shapes, or even a landscape scene.
- Add some sparkle – Glitter is always a good idea when it comes to decorating. You could cover your jar in glitter glue, sprinkle loose glitter on top, or add a few glittery stickers.
- Wrap it up – If you have some pretty wrapping paper or tissue paper lying around, use it to cover your jar. Cut the paper to size, apply some glue or double-sided tape, and wrap it up like a present.
- Get sticky with it – Stickers are an easy way to add some personality to your jar. You could use motivational quotes, cute animals, or even your favorite TV characters.
This is your positivity jar, so let it reflect you!
Step 3: Prepare Your Paper
Now, onto the paper. When it comes to creating a positivity jar, the type of paper you choose can have a big impact on the overall look and feel of your jar.
Here are some different types of paper you might consider using:
- Colored paper – If you want to add some color to your jar, colored paper is the way to go. You could use bright colors for a fun and playful look, or pastel shades for something more calming and serene.
- Patterned paper – Patterned paper can add some visual interest to your jar. You could use floral patterns, stripes, polka dots, or any other pattern that catches your eye.
- Scrapbooking paper – Scrapbooking paper often comes in packs with coordinating patterns and colors, making it easy to mix and match to create a cohesive look. Plus, many scrapbooking papers are acid-free, meaning they won’t yellow or deteriorate over time.
- Handmade paper – For a truly unique look, consider using handmade paper. This type of paper is often made from natural fibers and has a rough, textured feel. You could even make your own paper if you’re feeling crafty!
- Metallic paper – If you want to add some shine and shimmer to your jar, metallic paper is a great choice. You could use gold, silver, copper, or any other metallic shade that catches your eye.
These are just a few ideas to get you started, but there are plenty of other types of paper you could use as well.
The important thing is to choose something that feels true to your personal style and adds a sense of joy and positivity to your jar.
Cut your paper into strips or shapes that are easy to write on. Keep these pieces of paper near your jar with a pen or pencil, ready to capture those positive moments as they come.
Step 4: Fill Your Jar
The beauty of a positivity jar is that you can personalize it to suit your own needs and desires.
The idea is to fill the jar with positive affirmations, quotes, memories, or anything else that brings you joy and happiness.
Here are some examples of things you could write on the paper for your positivity jar:
- Positive affirmations – Write down some positive affirmations that resonate with you, such as “I am worthy”, “I am capable”, or “I am loved”.
- Gratitude statements – Write down things you are grateful for in your life, such as your family and friends, your health, or your job.
- Inspirational quotes – Find quotes that motivate and inspire you, such as “Believe you can and you’re halfway there” by Theodore Roosevelt or “The only way to do great work is to love what you do” by Steve Jobs.
- Memories – Write down happy memories that bring a smile to your face, such as a funny joke a friend told you or a time when you achieved something you’re proud of.
- Goals – Write down your goals and aspirations, both big and small. Seeing them written down can help you stay motivated and focused.
Remember, the key is to write down things that make you feel good and uplifted. You can customize your positivity jar any way you like, and there’s no right or wrong way to fill it up.
So get creative, have fun, and enjoy the positive vibes!
Step 5: Use your Jar
Whenever you need a little pick-me-up, simply reach into your jar and pull out a piece of paper at random. Read it, let its message sink in, and allow yourself to feel uplifted and inspired.
Step 6: Keep Adding to Your Jar
Your positivity jar is an ongoing project, so keep adding to it whenever you feel inspired. As you continue to fill it with positive energy, you’ll find that it becomes an increasingly valuable tool for boosting your mood and spreading joy.
Final Thoughts on Positivity Jar Ideas
A positivity jar is more than just a decorative item.
It’s a mindfulness tool, a beacon of hope during challenging times, and a personal archive of your happy moments, achievements, and inspirations.
It’s an invitation to pause, reflect, and appreciate the good that surrounds us, often unnoticed, in our daily lives.
As you start this journey, remember that the strength of the positivity jar lies in its simplicity and its ability to draw you back towards happiness, one note at a time.